As East London’s oldest estate agents, Petty Son and Prestwich is steeped in history.
Our company began life in Leytonstone when locally renowned builder, C.Petty, founded the firm back in 1908. Run by his son Charles, a chartered surveyor, the then named Petty and Son earned itself a glowing reputation within the local area, and it quickly grew into a flourishing business.
With all of the company’s early accomplishments securing a foothold in the local property market, the business began to attract outside interest and it wasn’t long before Harry Prestwich joined as a partner. Offering services in estate agency, auctioneering, and surveying, the company then changed its name to the one it has proudly kept to this day. It was in 1912 that Petty Son and Prestwich opened its Wanstead office, and we’ve been part of the fabric of this beautiful East London town ever since.
Current directors, John and Jenny Wagstaff, took over Pettys during its centenary year, 2008. From then on, Petty Son and Prestwich has gone from strength to strength, and 2014 saw our company move into new territory with the opening of the Buckhurst Hill branch in West Essex.
This expansion hasn’t affected our commitment to offering a personal service to all of our clients, whether they come to us for sales, lettings, surveys, property management, financial services, or refurbishment and development. In fact, it has cemented our belief that operating with traditional values such as reliability, trustworthiness, and honesty is the formula for continued success.
We have helped thousands of local people realise their property dreams over the years, and we look forward to helping you achieve yours. Come in and say hello!