Let’s be honest, moving home, even when things go smoothly, isn’t much fun. All that packing and panicking is enough to send even the most well-balanced individual spiralling, but it’s important to keep a sense of perspective when we’re on the move.
One way to make the whole process a little lighter is to dig out a few favourite tunes and get them pumping. Music is a universal mood enhancer, so why not use this ubiquitous art form to your advantage come moving day?
To get you started, we’ve compiled a playlist consisting of a few (loosely) moving-related tracks:
- The Animals - ‘ We Gotta Get Outa This Place’
- Aretha Franklin - ‘The House That Jack Built’
- Depeche Mode - ‘Home’
- Eliza Doolittle - “Pack Up’
- Billy Joel - ‘Movin’ Out (Anthony’s Song’
- Matthew Meyer - ‘Moving Day’
- Supergrass – ‘Moving’
- Ray Charles – ‘Hit The Road Jack’
- Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - ‘Our House’
- Simon & Garfunkel – ‘Homeward Bound’
- David Bowie – ‘Changes’
- Spearhead - ‘Home’
- Madness - ‘Our House’
- Leon Bridges - ‘Coming Home’
- Toots and the Maytals - ‘Take Me Home, Country Roads’
- Michael Kiwanuka - ‘Home Again’
If you don’t fancy compiling your own and like the look of what we’ve put together here, you can play the above playlist via Spotify. Either play right here on this page or click here to access our playlist on the Spotify app.
You are most welcome!
Obviously, in today’s media-rich world, there are a plethora of other options available to you when you move home. You could just as easily create a playlist of your favourite podcasts, for example, or choose a suitable audiobook. Comedy ‘bits’ are another great choice, or how about mashing them up and creating a mixture of them all?
Whatever you decide, having a little background distraction can really help ease the stress of moving day, which is the primary goal.
Regardless of what’s on your playlist, good luck with the move!